“JMG helps students see themselves, others and the community in a different light. Students build confidence and gain skills that will last them a lifetime. By determining the direction of the class, learning to work together as a team, volunteering in the community, and exploring options for their future, students find themselves completely engaged. JMG benefits all staff and students as JMG students provide a strong leadership role within the school. The class provides an opportunity for students to experience a class that truly makes a difference-today and tomorrow.” - Mrs. Yenta Jaques, JMG Career Specialist
- Organizational Skills
- Study Skills
- Character Development
- Team Building
- Career-Based Learning
- Leadership Development
- High School Transition
9th through 12th Grade
- Career Development
- Job Attainment
- Job Survival
- Basic Competence
- Leadership and Self-Development
- Personal Skills
GOALS: The three (3) major goals of a JMG Middle School Program are:
- Students will stay in school and transition into high school.
- Students will improve their academic performance, school behavior, attendance, participation and self-esteem.
- Students will improve their skills in leading and being an effective member of a team.
Goals: The three (3) major goals of JMG High School Program are:
- Students will be ready to join the workforce with the skill need by employers
- Students will explore career opportunities and what is needed to succeed
- Students will graduate from High School and have some foundation for their future